Have you been trying to figure out how to add interests on LinkedIn but to no avail?
Are you feeling frustrated because you know the value of the Interests section in your LinkedIn profile but can’t seem to find the edit or add button?
If that is the case, this latest 2021 guide will quickly show you how!
How to Add Interests on LinkedIn
- First, you’ll need to sign into your account. Your newsfeed (LinkedIn Homepage) should be the first thing you see when you’re logged in.
Your Newsfeed/LinkedIn Homepage
- Type in the company or influencer you want to add to your Interests section in the Search Bar.
- Click on the Follow button found on the company or person’s profile page.
- Click on the Me icon on the top right of the page. Then, click View Profile.
- Once you’re directed to your LinkedIn Profile page, scroll to the bottom of the page. You should see an updated Interests section. If you don’t see any changes, try refreshing the page or waiting for a few minutes before checking again.
How to Remove Interests on LinkedIn
- In the Interests section of your LinkedIn Profile page, click on the company or influencer you want to remove from your Interests section.
- Click on the Following button. By doing this, you’re no longer following the company or influencer.
- Return to your LinkedIn Profile page. The company or influencer you unfollowed should no longer be listed in your Interests section.
There you have it! Those who view your LinkedIn profile can now see your updated professional, educational and personal interests.
Perks of Including an Interests Section on LinkedIn
Creating an interesting professional profile is essential to effective LinkedIn marketing. In other words, your profile has the potential to be a powerful business marketing tool that gives future clients specific reasons for reaching out to you.
Setting up a LinkedIn profile involves more than simply creating a page with professional information and adding a professional picture. It involves creating an online professional presence through your public profile, and this includes a well-filled, meaningful Interests section.
Here are some advantages of displaying your interests on your LinkedIn profile:
- Adding an Interests section to your LinkedIn profile is a simple way to gain the attention of new prospects and connections.
- You’ll stand out as somebody who is invested in a wide variety of professional and personal interests. Additionally, it’ll show that you’re always open to learning more about new things and keeping up with the latest industry trends.
- You can connect with like-minded people who share your interests and build a broader, more robust network.
- It adds a personal touch to your LinkedIn Profile and makes you appear more invested in what you do.
What Should You Include in Your Interests Section on LinkedIn?
Your Interests section should be a reflection of how well-rounded you are, not just how connected you are with the corporate world. Whilst it is important to include companies, brands or influencers related to your profession, it’s also important to share interests outside of your professional life.
For instance, you can follow your university’s page to show that you’re an alumni who still follows news of your alma mater. By doing this, you’re demonstrating how you’re invested in your education and committed to developing yourself both personally and professionally.
LinkedIn users used to be able to edit their Interests section on their profile page. However, that is no longer the case due to a recent platform update. Nevertheless, LinkedIn members can now indicate their interests simply by following others.
Now that we’ve walked you through how to find, add and remove your interests on LinkedIn, it’s time to get hustling and improve your chances of being discovered by potential customers or recruiters.
It’s vital to have a comprehensive LinkedIn profile to get in front of prospects, but what can you do to amplify it for broader reach and increased visibility?
If you want an exclusive tactic that dedicated business owners are now using to attract more eyeballs to their brand and business, try our partnership marketing platform today.